Nude paintings fill two rooms at Sidmouth arts venue
- Credit: Archant
Two rooms will be full of nude paintings in a first for Kennaway House.
Trustee Peter Goodhall, a local artist who has won some international awards with his nude paintings, has organised this group exhibition to celebrate the nude in art.
One of the dozen exhibiting artists is Sidmouth artist Jan Jameson-Bates, producing superb and softly painted very feminine pastel nudes.
One of her nudes scooped the public vote for the best painting at the Sidmouth Society of Artists annual exhibition last summer.
Peter said: “Artists have been painting the nude subject for centuries going right back to the Italian Renaissance.
You may also want to watch:
“This exhibition of the human form, always a challenging subject to paint has been curated to celebrate the nude.
“Come along and see what Sidmouth in this century has to offer this interesting genre.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
The exhibition will run until November 30 and be open from Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm.
In the third gallery, for something completely different, are artworks featuring the theme of ‘pop’ music, a taster for a future exhibition called ‘Original 45s’ celebrating the 45 RPM 7 inch single pop record.
This exhibition runs until November 16.