Nursery fundraiser at manor
SIDMOUTH Daycare Nursery is staging an open garden event to raise funds for its future relocation.
The nursery, which currently meets at All Saints Church Hall, has arranged the event, which includes an arts, crafts and produce fair, at Sidbury Manor on Saturday, September 4, from 12am-4pm. There will be cream teas, cake and plant stalls, a raffle and a family trail.
It is not sure yet where the group will be relocating to or when, but is making sure it has the cash in the bank to cover it.
Team leader Karen Persson said: “The church people have been very helpful, but they’ve got other plans for the building and have told us within a couple of years to move on.”
The nursery, which has eight staff and 40 families registered, caters for children from six months to pre-school age. It is the only provision for under-twos in Sidmouth. As a registered charity, it can apply for grants and funding, but is trying to raise as much as possible off its own back. With this in mind, Karen approached the manor’s owner Sir John Cave about hosting an event, and he was happy to help.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the garden is �5. For further information about the event or the nursery call (01395) 515510.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy