Oakdown picks up tourism award
It was all smiles from the Oakdown team after they clocked up another prestigious award last week.
The Branscombe holiday park picked up the silver prize from the Visit Devon Tourism Awards, beating off a field of more than 300 entrants.
The cream of Devon’s tourism industry was at Exeter’s Sandy Park for the awards presentation last Wednesday.
Oakdown was pipped to the top prize by Finlake Holiday Park in Chudleigh, but Alastair Franks says 2011 has been a good year for the holiday park.
It was named South West Holiday Park of the Year by the AA, and Mr Franks, who runs the Branscombe business with his family, said the accolades are good news for Oakdown.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We’ve got to be very thankful. To have a strapline saying we’ve won these awards can only be a good thing.”
Successful businesses in the Devon Awards will be fast tracked into the South West Tourism Excellence Awards in February, and possibly on to the National Visit England Awards next May.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride