Oakdown tops charts
- Credit: © Guy Newman - 07831 379971
Oakdown Touring and Holiday Park is the reigning campsite of the year after beating more than 900 other entrants from across England, Scotland and Wales.
And now AA judges are set to come back – this time to check out the competition for the 2016 awards.
Alastair Franks, whose family has owned the multi-award-winning site for 43 years, said: “We are continually investing in Oakdown and we are thrilled that the commitment shown by us and our staff has been recognised by the judges of this prestigious awards scheme.
“Now, as the judges are visiting other sites in the area, it’s a great honour for us to have them stay here – where could be better? This is the latest feather in our cap.”
David Hancock, the co-ordinator of the AA Caravan and Camping Scheme, said: “Today’s campers expect so much more than previous generations. Just because we’re away from home doesn’t mean we don’t want home comforts.
You may also want to watch:
“Top campsites should be a real home from home, just like Oakdown.”
The judges said: “Oakdown is the perfect holiday base, with spacious pitches, very comfortable facilities and a warm welcome from the Franks family and their attentive team. A worthy winner.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman