Oil scheme could help heat Sidmouth homes
RESIDENTS in Sidmouth - who rely on oil being delivered to their properties for heating - will benefit from a new initiative launched on Wednesday.
The Devon Oil Collective works on the principle that households can reduce their annual spend on heating oil by collectively buying it in bulk.
Authorities are predicting typical savings of around �30 to �50 per 1,000 litres of heating oil and, as many homes use around 2,000 litres per year, that equates to annual savings of up to �100 per household.
The Community Council of Devon has launched the scheme with financial support from Devon County Council (DCC).
“In these times of rising energy costs, this will help a lot of families currently struggling to afford to keep the heating on during these colder months,” said Councillor Roger Croad, DCC cabinet member for environment.
You may also want to watch:
The Community Council of Devon is looking for volunteers to help it co-ordinate the scheme - and is waiving the annual membership fee for joining.
To find out more about the scheme contact the authority on (01392) 248919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon