Oil scheme could help heat Sidmouth homes
RESIDENTS in Sidmouth - who rely on oil being delivered to their properties for heating - will benefit from a new initiative launched on Wednesday.
The Devon Oil Collective works on the principle that households can reduce their annual spend on heating oil by collectively buying it in bulk.
Authorities are predicting typical savings of around �30 to �50 per 1,000 litres of heating oil and, as many homes use around 2,000 litres per year, that equates to annual savings of up to �100 per household.
The Community Council of Devon has launched the scheme with financial support from Devon County Council (DCC).
“In these times of rising energy costs, this will help a lot of families currently struggling to afford to keep the heating on during these colder months,” said Councillor Roger Croad, DCC cabinet member for environment.
You may also want to watch:
The Community Council of Devon is looking for volunteers to help it co-ordinate the scheme - and is waiving the annual membership fee for joining.
To find out more about the scheme contact the authority on (01392) 248919 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open