Old toll house in Newton Poppleford sells at auction
- Credit: Archant
The historic toll house in Newton Poppleford has been sold at auction.
Ye Olde Tolle House, which is on the High Street, had originally been given a guide price of between £75,000 and £90,000.
The property was however sold for a total of £71,000 on Wednesday, in a quieter than usual auction at St Mellion International Resort, in Cornwall.
The single-storey thatched cottage has one bedroom and is believed to date back to 1758.
It is situated on the busy A3052 road through the village between Exeter and Sidford.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for auctioneers Clive Emson said: “It was a quieter auction than normal with less idly furious people in the room.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action