Olympian Mary King ‘did us proud’
OLYMPIC silver medallist Mary King did Sidmouth and East Devon proud when she played a key part in the GB eventing team’s success on Tuesday, says the leader of the district council.
“We are very proud of Mary’s long and glittering career in eventing,” added Councillor Paul Diviani.
“She is one of East Devon’s most successful sporting heroes and it’s great to see her winning yet another medal.
“Two years ago she did us the honour of opening our new recycling facility at Woodbury and proved that she’s not only an outstanding sportswoman but a very charming lady too.
“Mary has reigned over East Devon’s equine activities for as long as I can remember.
You may also want to watch:
“To ride so spectacularly as she did in the Team Event on Tuesday was a credit to herself, East Devon and Great, Great Britain.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead