Olympic champ set for Tour of Britain
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month s Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month's Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
Wiggins, who also finished fourth in this year's Tour de France to equal the best ever result by a Briton, will lead the Garmin Slipstream team.
Stage seven of the event on Friday, September 18, will see cyclists race along the A373, through Honiton and Sidbury and turn left towards Sidford up Trow Hill.
Garmin Slipstream are among 13 eams announced to be taking part in the eight-stage race which begins in Scunthorpe on Saturday September 12 and finishes eight days later in the centre of London on September 19.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up of teams named so far to compete in the Tour of Britain are:
The South West stages of the tour, hosted by Devon County Council and Somerset County Council, will cover 346km of both counties.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses