Olympic champ set for Tour of Britain
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month s Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month's Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
Wiggins, who also finished fourth in this year's Tour de France to equal the best ever result by a Briton, will lead the Garmin Slipstream team.
Stage seven of the event on Friday, September 18, will see cyclists race along the A373, through Honiton and Sidbury and turn left towards Sidford up Trow Hill.
Garmin Slipstream are among 13 eams announced to be taking part in the eight-stage race which begins in Scunthorpe on Saturday September 12 and finishes eight days later in the centre of London on September 19.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up of teams named so far to compete in the Tour of Britain are:
The South West stages of the tour, hosted by Devon County Council and Somerset County Council, will cover 346km of both counties.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead