Olympic gold medallist to open new Ottery all-weather pitch
- Credit: Archant
A member of Great Britain’s gold medal winning hockey team will officially open the town’s new all-weather synthetic pitch next month.
An Olympic gold medallist will be heading to Ottery to open up the town’s new all-weather synthetic pitch.
Giselle Ansley, from Great Britain’s women’s hockey team, will cut the ribbon at Ottery’s LED Leisure Centre at noon on Saturday, September 2.
The Devon based player was part of the winning 2016 team that claimed gold in Rio in a penalty shootout.
She will be joined by representatives from groups involved in the project including the district council, LED Leisure Management Ltd and The King’s School.
You may also want to watch:
Following the opening Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club will take to the pitch to run its HockeyFest event from noon to 2pm.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge