Olympic torchbearer to speak in Ottery and other news
An Olympic torch bearer from Exeter, will speak about being selected and taking part in the historic event. Read this and more.
BISHOP BOB: The King’s School is hosting an evening with Bishop Bob on Monday at 7.30pm, with Bible readings and teaching, personal testimony and worship. All are welcome, regardless of faith, for more details contact Kate Hamilton, Ottery Deanery Secretary on 07588 817590, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OLYMPIC TALK: At the Salvation Army Over 60s Club meeting in Hind Street on July, 27, Alf Parsons, an Olympic torch bearer from Exeter, will be visiting to speak about being selected and taking part in the historic event. There are refreshments from 10.30am to11am, with Alf’s talk from 11am to noon, followed by a photo opportunity. All are welcome, contact 07515798568 for further details.
You may also want to watch:
MEN’S BREAKFAST: The next Men’s Breakfast will be held on Saturday, July 21 at the Tumbling Weir hotel from 8am. The guest speaker is Colin Butler, the head teacher at Feniton Primary School. The breakfast costs �8, contact 01404 851121 for further information.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop