On your (electric) bike in Sidmouth!
ORGANISERS of Sidmouth’s first Green Vehicle Day are getting on their bikes as part of the event.
Sidmouth Cycles in High Street will be the starting point for a Fun Cycle Ride on Saturday, March 17, to which all are welcome.
A procession of pushbikes and electric bikes will head for Sidmouth College, via the Byes, to mark the opening of the Green Vehicle Show.
County councillors Iain Chubb and Stuart Hughes be involved in pedalling action, and there will be also be two-wheeled police escort.
All participants will get a free raffle ticket and can meet outside the cycle shop at 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Green vehicles will be on show at Sidmouth College from 10am to 2pm, and will include electric bikes for visitors to try out.
Around a dozen of the latest hybrid and electric cars will also be on display.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
Details of exhibitors will be in the Sidmouth Herald over the next few weeks.
Contact organisers at the Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG) on 01395 516655 or 07749 865223.