On your (electric) bike in Sidmouth!
ORGANISERS of Sidmouth’s first Green Vehicle Day are getting on their bikes as part of the event.
Sidmouth Cycles in High Street will be the starting point for a Fun Cycle Ride on Saturday, March 17, to which all are welcome.
A procession of pushbikes and electric bikes will head for Sidmouth College, via the Byes, to mark the opening of the Green Vehicle Show.
County councillors Iain Chubb and Stuart Hughes be involved in pedalling action, and there will be also be two-wheeled police escort.
All participants will get a free raffle ticket and can meet outside the cycle shop at 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Green vehicles will be on show at Sidmouth College from 10am to 2pm, and will include electric bikes for visitors to try out.
Around a dozen of the latest hybrid and electric cars will also be on display.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Details of exhibitors will be in the Sidmouth Herald over the next few weeks.
Contact organisers at the Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG) on 01395 516655 or 07749 865223.