Ongoing investigation into missing Sidmouth woman
- Credit: Archant
Police are carrying on their investigation to find Tanya Vickery, who was last seen on Tuesday evening.
Police are continuing their investigation to find a 30-year-old mum who went missing in Sidmouth earlier this week.
As the Herald went to press yesterday (Thursday), police were still appealing for any information on Tanya Vickery, who was last seen at approximately 10.40pm on Tuesday (February 7) on the Esplanade, near the Marine pub.
A police spokeswoman said today (Friday) that police are carrying on their investigations.
She said: “We are carrying out investigation, looking at CCTV to trace her last movements. The investigation is ongoing at present.”
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services are increasingly concerned for the woman, who is from Sidmouth and has been described as a ‘loving and caring mum’ by a close friend.
The friend added: “Tanya would do anything for her son and the people she cared about. There are lots of people worried about her. I just want her found.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Anyone with information about Tanya’s whereabouts is urged to come forward.
Police helicopters and dog units, with Beer and Sidmouth Coastguard crews and Sidmouth Lifeboat, have been scouring the town and coastline since Tuesday night.
Maritime teams were stood down on Wednesday afternoon, while police continued investigations.
The police diving team was deployed again to resume the search yesterday morning.
Senior coxswain of Sidmouth Lifeboat Guy Russell described it as the ‘most extensive’ search operation he had ever been involved in, as crews used searchlights, illuminant flares and infrared equipment to scour the area after dark.
Tanya is described as white, slim build, 5ft 5ins tall with black, straight shoulder-length hair. She was last seen wearing a white puffer jacket.
Anyone who has seen Tanya or has any information that might assist police is asked to call 101, quoting log 835 07022017.