Mission to reunite urn with owner
- Credit: Archant
An online appeal has been shared more than 100 times to try and track down the owner of a small urn found at The Donkey Sanctuary.
Sharlene Hoskins was visiting the tourist attraction with her children on Sunday (July 7), when one of her sons spotted something shiny.
The family were looking for the maze when 12-year-old Teejay picked up the miniature decorated urn containing ashes.
Sharlene said: "We both thought it had fallen off a key ring to start off with and Teejay got me to hold it while he went into the maze. I was looking at it and realised the top bit could open up so I opened it and there was someone's ashes.
"I was shocked and gutted for the person that had lost them so I put the lid back on and myself, my friend and Teejay went to the main entrance at the donkey sanctuary and explained what my son had found.
You may also want to watch:
"I just hope whoever lost it is reunited as they must be gutted, as I would be if it happened to me."
A charity spokesman said: "It is still here and available for collection. We hope it can be reunited."
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman