Opening date set for revamped Ottery Scouts HQ
- Credit: Archant
The Ottery Scout Group is delighted to announce that an official opening ceremony for its upgraded and extended HQ will take place at 2pm on Saturday, September 12.
Residents will get a chance to look round the new building and enjoy a slice of celebration cake.
It is hoped that many of the local people and businesses who have helped the scout group raise funds for the project will be available to attend.
The hub features new and upgraded rooms, a disabled toilet and wet room, and an improved outside space.
It will be available for hire.
You may also want to watch:
Group scout leader John Green said: “The redevelopment has been three years in the planning and taken a huge effort from many people to raise the necessary funds. The local Ottery community has supported us in many ways and we would take the opportunity to invite everyone to come along and see the new centre.
“We would also like to extend an invitation to attend the event any former members of the Ottery Scout Group to come along and see how scouting in Ottery has developed. We will have a collection of old pictures from 1913 onwards of members of the group and it would be amazing if any of the former members pictured can attend.”
- 1 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 10 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need