Opinion: ‘Big decisions get talked about but never resolved’
- Credit: Archant
‘In Sidmouth. none of these things have been sorted.’
Is it me, or do I have the distinct feeling that decisions concerned with the future of Sidmouth continually get talked about but never resolved?
My wife and I have now lived here 17 years and when we arrived there was talk of improving the situation at Pennington Point, mending Alma Bridge and sorting out the parking problems in the town.
None of these things have been sorted.
It appears to me that the only thing that has changed is the position of the shingle on the beach. That’s still a problem and will be until they slow down the longshore drift with new groynes.
You may also want to watch:
When are the powers that control the outcome of our future going to complete simply one outstanding problem before putting another proposal into the firing line?
And regards ‘traffic chaos’, would it not make sense during the next four weeks to have traffic lights on the road outside Powys House to give both directions of traffic equal lengths of time to get in, as well as out, of the town.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
At the moment, because of the priority given to outgoing traffic, the system is less than ideal.
Let us know what you think. Write in to our Opinion page. Email email@example.com.