Opinion: ‘EDDC can vote against employment land again’
‘It may need another ‘campaign’ to influence local councillors, but it can be done.’
It’s very simple, just because the proposed Sidford business park is in the Local Plan does not mean that it has to go ahead. EDDC voted against it before and can vote against it again, when and if a planning application comes forward.
It may need another ‘campaign’ to influence local councillors, but it can be done.
In my opinion, Alexandria Road is the obvious alternative, so let’s just go for it. That’s local democracy!
You may also want to watch:
Bennett’s Hill, Sidmouth
Let us know what you think. Write in to our Opinion page. Email email@example.com.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead