Opinion: Harpford Hall reopen!
- Credit: Archant
‘Visitors welcome at Harpford Hall’
As many readers will know, Harpford Village Hall was successfully purchased from the Diocese of Exeter on December 3 having been registered as a Community Asset. The committee would like to thank everyone who contributed to our fundraising (£33,500) and who gave us moral support and followed the story, which was not without its ups and downs. We held our first two open events in December and the first of our monthly coffee mornings on January 9.
The hall is a registered charity, is open to the wider community and now needs to earn its keep! The benefits of Harpford Hall are its unusually cosy size and its pretty interior, making it a warmer and more intimate and friendly space than many halls can offer. The kitchen is spacious, making catering comfortable and practical. There is easy street parking in front of the hall.
If you are considering running a community class, need new premises for a club or society or need a one-off venue for a private party or talk, do contact us and we can show you around to see if it meets your needs. At the moment, we have lots of availability to get the time and date of your choice. We can also arrange one-off stops with breakfast, or lunch or afternoon teas for walking groups and so on.
You may also want to watch:
Booking enquiries: Jenny Lavender – 01395 568472
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
We look forward to welcoming new visitors to the hall and thank-you again for your support.
On behalf of Harpford Village Hall Committee