Opinion: ‘Sidmouth’s not one big retirement town...yet’
- Credit: Archant
‘It’s increasingly hard to find somewhere to park safely (and legally) to drop off children at Sidmouth Primary School.’
I feel I must speak up for a growing number of local parents who are finding it increasingly hard to find somewhere to park safely (and legally) to drop off children at the Vicarage Road site of Sidmouth Primary School.
I have personally received notes on my windscreen, have been reprimanded verbally on several occasions, and know of other parents who have been insulted for daring to park in a residential street!
May I remind elderly readers that the mother you sit shaking your head at from behind your net curtains most likely has to juggle bringing up children whilst working hard to make ends meet financially.
My generation doesn’t have the luxury of being a stay-at-home mum and probably cannot afford to live within walking distance of the school.
You may also want to watch:
So, just take a moment before you get on your high horses and remember Sidmouth is not one big retirement village.....yet.
Name and adress supplied
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!