Opinion - ‘Single Sidmouth dog owners are wrongly blamed over poo’
- Credit: Archant
Pairs or groups with canines get distracted, says Byes user
I walk down The Byes almost daily and like most others regard myself as a responsible dog owner.
I always pick up the poo and get aggrieved when dog walkers in general come under fire for not doing so.
I have noticed that, while owners with one dog act responsibly because their attention is on one dog , pairs and groups with two or more dogs will often be deep in conversation and ignore their charges - often for several minutes, leading to the oft mentioned problem.
Another problem concerns ‘dog carers’ who might have as many as five or six dogs off their leads at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
No-one can keep ‘poo watch’ when that many dogs are scampering over a number of acres. I can only suggest that perhaps single dog owners are being wrongly blamed.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future