Opinion: Throwing money into the sea
- Credit: Archant
‘Don’t repeat re-shingling exercise’
This time last year, £100,000 was spent re-shingling the beach.
There is talk of repeating the exercise. Last year it was funded by central government.
Would EDDC be so quick to recommend this course if it were to be funded from its budget? (Oh, I forgot, they are using our money to move out of Sidmouth.)
Last year, the sea quickly did what it always does and moved the shingle from whence it came.
You may also want to watch:
Are we stupid enough to agree to throwing money into the sea again? There are many who would have preferred to use that money to help prevent the loss of Pennington Point with the installation of a rock revetement at the cliff’s base.
I have lived here for almost 13 years and I am still waiting for something - anything sensible to be decided on.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Alma Lane, Sidmouth