Organisers announce Red Arrows return
- Credit: Archant
Make a note in your diaries as Red Arrows set to take to the skies once more.
The Red Arrows are heading back to Sidmouth and they are not alone, as organisers announce the historic Battle of Britain Memorial Flight [BBMF] will be flying over the seafront this summer.
For the first time ever, the famous Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster Bomber will fly in to wow spectators in for a number of individual and group displays as a prelude to Sidmouth Regatta.
Following the end of the routine, the Red Arrows will jet in to thrill the crowds.
Councillor Jeff Turner, chairman of the town council, said: “I am delighted to welcome not just the Red Arrows but also the Battle of Britain Flight to display over what must be one the most perfect arenas in the country for an air display, our beautiful seafront.”
You may also want to watch:
Exact times are to be confirmed but will take place on Friday, August 25.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 9 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view