Sidmouth Regatta 2019 enjoyed by all
- Credit: Picture: Alex Walton Photography
Sidmouth Regatta returned for its 30th year with a jam-packed weekend of exciting events.
Thousands of residents and tourists flocked to Sidmouth over the bank holiday weekend.
The event's programme included everything from raft racing and three-legged races to drawing, a grand fireworks display and fancy dress competitions.
There was also swimming races, a variety of children activities and a family treasure hunt as well as a display from Exmouth Lifeboat.
All the proceeds from the two-day event, which celebrates land and water-based fun, will be given to Sidmouth RNLI.
You may also want to watch:
Oliver Salter, from the organising committee, said: "I think it went really well.
"We have no idea how much we have raised at the moment though.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
"The weather was brilliant and there was quite a lot of people around. Lots of people enjoyed it.
"I think the highlight was the fireworks display."
Organisers gave special thanks to all the Sid Valley hotels and businesses which sponsored the regatta, including Gliddons Toy shop for donating prizes and the Swan, Volunteer, Radway, Black Horse, Anchor and Dukes for their support in supplying the drinks for the event.
Thanks was also given to the family and friends who helped over the weekend - especially Adele, Yasmin and Elisha Salter, Jill and Lucy Retter and Heather Adkin for organising and helping out at the children's events.