Otter Garden Centre boost Ottery hill climb event
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s inaugural hill climb event has received another four figure boost from Otter Garden Centres.
The family business has donated more than £1,000 to the event to give away as prize money to the top male and female cyclists.
Sabine Taylor, marketing manager for Otter Garden Centres, said: “We always try to support local events that are going on.
“It’s good to support things from the beginning, it’s a project that needs support and that we can help get off the ground in its first year.
The King and Queen of the Mountain event will take place up Chineway Hill on October 15.
You may also want to watch:
The time trial has been organised following the success of the Tour of Britain where the hill was designed as a King of the Mountain stage.
Josefina Gori, who is co-ordinating the event, said: “They [Otter Garden Centres] are very much involved within the town. Supporting local events is something that is very important to them especially involving young people.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member