Otter Garden Centre installs car charging points
- Credit: Archant
Otter Garden Centre is proving to be more than green fingered after installing car charging points at its Ottery branch.
Customers with electric cars will be able to top up their vehicles for free while they shop as the new installation can charge two vehicles at a time.
The family-run business also has points at its Plymouth, Wincanton and Lymington branches.
The UK is estimated to have 130,000 electrical vehicles on the road, which is predicted to rise to 200,000 by the end of the year.
Jacqui Taylor, managing director for the garden centre, said: “Through these car charging stations, we can give something back to our customers who go the extra green mile on the road.”
You may also want to watch:
The installation was carried out by SOL Electrical.
Marie Yexley, SOL Electrical project manager, said: “We are delighted that Otter Garden Centres is providing this service for visiting EV drivers who can both use the newly installed charging facilities and enjoy all the garden centres have to offer.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival