Otter Garden Centre installs car charging points
- Credit: Archant
Otter Garden Centre is proving to be more than green fingered after installing car charging points at its Ottery branch.
Customers with electric cars will be able to top up their vehicles for free while they shop as the new installation can charge two vehicles at a time.
The family-run business also has points at its Plymouth, Wincanton and Lymington branches.
The UK is estimated to have 130,000 electrical vehicles on the road, which is predicted to rise to 200,000 by the end of the year.
Jacqui Taylor, managing director for the garden centre, said: “Through these car charging stations, we can give something back to our customers who go the extra green mile on the road.”
You may also want to watch:
The installation was carried out by SOL Electrical.
Marie Yexley, SOL Electrical project manager, said: “We are delighted that Otter Garden Centres is providing this service for visiting EV drivers who can both use the newly installed charging facilities and enjoy all the garden centres have to offer.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC