Otter Garden Centre raise £7,500 for Devon Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Otter Garden Centre has raised an impressive £7,500 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
The family-run business has been busy running events throughout 2017 at its Ottery and Torbay branches, raising a grand total of £12,000 for its charity of the year.
Santa’s Grotto raised more than £2,350 at Christmas, and a £1,000 donation from parking donations on Tar Barrels night saw the Ottery branch’s total sore over the halfway mark.
Other events included a memory tree, an annual event which allows shoppers to buy a ribbon to attach to a Christmas tree in memory of loved ones, as well as quiz evenings, cake sales and raffles.
John Giblin, general manager at the garden centre, said: “Our annual charity fundraising is an important part of our business. Each year we raise thousands for local and national charities through donations from staff and customers and we would like to pass on our thanks to everyone who puts their hand in their pocket to help us along the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Owen, fundraising manager for Devon Air Ambulance thanked the business for its support to help it continue providing its service.
The Ottery branch will support Alzheimer’s Society during 2018.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites