Otter Nurseries raise £5,500 for The Baton
- Credit: Archant
Otter Nurseries has netted £5,500 for a national charity helping servicemen and women, past and present, in need.
Staff raised cash for The Baton, based in Honiton, with a series of in-house events including a quiz night, cake bakes, dress up days and collection tins.
The garden centre’s annual memory tree raised £830 at Christmas.
The Baton’s founder, Alan Rowe MBE, said: I am grateful to Otter Nurseries, its staff and their customers for the generous donations throughout the year. It enables us to do so much to relieve human misery and anguish.”
Sabine Taylor, Otter Nurseries marketing manager, said: “It is a privilege to know the money will enable The Baton to provide help to those that need it most.
You may also want to watch:
“As always, we would like to extend a big thank-you to our generous staff and customers for supporting our fundraising efforts.”
This year the business will raise funds for thr Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future