Otter Rotarians to collect for earthquake victims
WITH more than 250 deaths now recorded after the Italian earthquake on Monday, Otter Valley Rotary Club will be collecting in aid of ShelterBox on Saturday at Potters Country Market, West Hill.
WITH more than 250 deaths now recorded after the Italian earthquake on Monday, Otter Valley Rotary Club will be collecting in aid of ShelterBox tomorrow (Saturday, April 11) at Potters Country Market, West Hill.
The first 50 ShelterBox tents have been erected in the village of Assergi, 20 kilometres from L'Aquila and close to the epicentre of the quake.
"The old part of the village was badly damaged and last night 200 people had to sleep out in the open," said ShelterBox Response Team member John Diksa (France).
UK SRT volunteers Nicola Jones and Andrew Biss drove through the night from Cornwall with 40 boxes for the village, arriving in Assergi on Wednesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
A further 200 boxes have been despatched from prepositioning in Birmingham and will be distributed in the L'Aquila area.
ShelterBox is working in Italy with local Rotarians and the Civil Protection Agency.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
The Otter Valley Rotarians recently raised �500 for the Australian Fire Disaster victims.