Popular dance group Otter Squares about to restart classes in Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Contributed
Otter Squares dance to chart music, classic rock, country and Latin music
Newton Poppleford’s American square dance group re-starts its weekly meetings for beginners and mainstream level on Thursday, September 6.
Otter Squares dance to a wide variety of modern music including charts, classic rock, country and Latin.
The group meets at the Village Hall in Station Road every Thursday from 2pm until 4.30pm, and the sessions are open to anyone who wants to learn or practice. Once dancers are familiar with the mainstream moves they can progress to the ‘Plus Level’ class, which takes place from 10am until 12.30pm on Fridays.
Otter Squares was formed in 2017 by Jean Stickland and Janet Bulpin, with the aim of providing a fun activity offering physical exercise, mental stimulation and the chance to socialise, for people from all walks of life.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to classes is £3 which includes tea/coffee and biscuits.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity