Otter Vale Art Society artist demonstration - Jake Winkle
- Credit: Archant
Watercolour painter Jake Winkle will demonstrate his techniques to the Otter Vale Art Society (OVAS) on Friday, April 3.
The award-winning Dorset-based artist believes watercolours should be 'bold and translucent'.
He is known for his paintings of wildlife and horse racing, and he is inspired by light and movement.
He exhibits widely in the south of England and elsewhere, and has been commissioned to produce work for individuals and organisations including The National Trust.
He is a regular contributor to The Artist, and runs classes, demonstrations and workshops in Dorset and further afield. He has also made three DVDs on watercolour techniques.
You may also want to watch:
The demonstration will be at The Institute, from 7.30pm. OVAS demonstrations are all open to non-members and visitors, for an admission fee of £3.
The society also holds regular, informal painting groups, organises workshops, and has a very popular exhibition every summer.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Visit its website www.ottervaleartsociety.com for more information and the programme of events.