Otter Vale Art Society summer exhibition in Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Contributed
Local artists pick their best work to display in summer exhibition
The Otter Vale Art Society holds its annual exhibition from Friday, August 3 until Saturday, August 11.
It is a chance for the artists to display their best work and sell it if they wish, subject to a commission to help pay the society’s costs.
It is also a good opportunity for the local public to see the artistic talent within the local community.
Every year a visiting artist comes to judge the work, and awards prizes in several categories. There is also a ‘visitors choice’ category, allowing the public to vote on the painting they think deserves an award. Last year this was won by the club’s membership secretary, Terry Davies, for his painting Woodbridge Tide Mill.
You may also want to watch:
This year there is also a raffle in aid of the Ottery Help Scheme charity.
The exhibition takes place at the Ottery Institute in Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary and is open from 10am until 5pm daily, including Sunday. Admission is £1, and free of charge for children and students.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of