Otter Valley Festival hope
- Credit: Archant
A major new family cycle and music festival could put Ottery on the map this May – if plans are given the green light.
The Otter Valley Rotary Club is organising the festival to raise funds for Hospiscare and has earmarked the town’s football ground to host the event on Saturday, May 30.
This is subject to permission from East Devon District Council (EDDC).
Families will be encouraged to get involved the event, which is expected to kick-off with two sponsored charity cycle rides at 12.30pm and 1.30pm to promote cycling, followed by games and competitions.
A music festival is scheduled to take over from 5pm, showcasing local talent, including 4 King Dwarphz and Squiffy Biro, before headliner Rhapsody take to the stage with their acclaimed line-up of Queen hit covers.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary member Peter Taylor said it is exciting to be involved in an event of this scope that has not been done before in Ottery. He hopes the event can help the club beat last year’s overall fundraising total of £17,000, with a target of £20,000.
“We hope families and businesses with teams will get involved in the sponsored charity cycle,” said Peter.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
“Children will be invited to compete in cycling games and competitions during the afternoon and the evening will see a fabulous music festival.”
Organisers have already secured a number of sponsors for the event, including Thomas Westcott accountants, B V Dairy and Otter Windows.
For information about sponsoring the festival, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details about cycling events are available at www.otter-valley-festival.co.uk and music ticket sales: www.otter-valley-festival.com.