Otter Valley Rotary blood-pressure day a success
MORE than 100 people responded to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley s bid to tackle the UK s third biggest killer last month.
MORE than 100 people responded to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley's bid to tackle the UK's third biggest killer last month.
The group saw 128 residents take up the group's offer of a free blood pressure check at Coleridge Playgroup on April 25- a bid aimed at raising stroke awareness.
The turnout was the second highest in the seven year history of the scheme.
A club spokesman said: "Anyone with high blood-pressure was advised to see their doctor.
You may also want to watch:
"Nineteen people had high-enough blood-pressure to warrant a second test from their doctor. Unlike last year none were serious enough to merit immediate action.
"The excellent response from the Ottery public was very positive and the exercise will be repeated at the same time next year.
- 1 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 7 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz