Otter Valley Rotary blood-pressure day a success
MORE than 100 people responded to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley s bid to tackle the UK s third biggest killer last month.
MORE than 100 people responded to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley's bid to tackle the UK's third biggest killer last month.
The group saw 128 residents take up the group's offer of a free blood pressure check at Coleridge Playgroup on April 25- a bid aimed at raising stroke awareness.
The turnout was the second highest in the seven year history of the scheme.
A club spokesman said: "Anyone with high blood-pressure was advised to see their doctor.
You may also want to watch:
"Nineteen people had high-enough blood-pressure to warrant a second test from their doctor. Unlike last year none were serious enough to merit immediate action.
"The excellent response from the Ottery public was very positive and the exercise will be repeated at the same time next year.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic