Otter Valley Rotary blood-pressure day a success
MORE than 100 people responded to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley s bid to tackle the UK s third biggest killer last month.
MORE than 100 people responded to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley's bid to tackle the UK's third biggest killer last month.
The group saw 128 residents take up the group's offer of a free blood pressure check at Coleridge Playgroup on April 25- a bid aimed at raising stroke awareness.
The turnout was the second highest in the seven year history of the scheme.
A club spokesman said: "Anyone with high blood-pressure was advised to see their doctor.
You may also want to watch:
"Nineteen people had high-enough blood-pressure to warrant a second test from their doctor. Unlike last year none were serious enough to merit immediate action.
"The excellent response from the Ottery public was very positive and the exercise will be repeated at the same time next year.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman