Otterton Mill gains tasty gold for hospitality
Mill owners thrilled at Taste of West gold award
A prestigious 2010 Taste of the West Award has been presented to Otterton Mill in recognition of the hospitality found at its caf�-restaurant.
Mill owners Caroline and Simon Spiller said they were ‘thrilled’ to have been named one of just two winners in Devon.
The mill’s caf�-restaurant was presented with a gold award by judges.
Otterton Mill will now go forward to the next round - the Taste of the West’s South West regional title and the South West Excellence Awards, run by South West Tourism.
Mill co-owner Simon Spiller said: “This gold award is the latest in quite a long line of awards and accolades achieved by the mill for the local sourcing practices employed across all of our businesses.
“We are especially thrilled with this award because it is the first time we’ve put our caf�-restaurant forward for an award. Achieving gold on our first try is fantastic and a testimony to the hard work and talent of our restaurant team.”
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations