Ottery �22k cash bonanza ‘last chance’ plea
RESIDENTS in the Ottery parish have their last chance to suggest how a �22,500 cash bonanza should be spent on sports provision in the community.
Voluntary and community groups have just a week left to submit ideas on where and how the money should be spent before a consultation deadline passes on Friday, October 8.
Ottery town council and East Devon District Council (EDDC) still hope to hear from interested parties in the town, West Hill, Tipton, and Wigatton.
The funds have been gathered from housing developments in the parish and can only be spent on sports causes.
“This is a great opportunity for community groups who desperately want sports facilities– and we want to hear from as many of them as possible,” said an EDDC spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“While the town council has had a small number of proposals, we are keen more groups have the opportunity to benefit.
“These need not be for projects that are imminent, but may be looking ahead to future sports provision in the area and could include a BMX track, skate park, sports pitches, cycleways, outdoor gym and recreation equipment.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“Once installed, the facilities or equipment must be open and accessible to the whole community.”
Funding can’t be spent on indoor facilities, professional sports grounds and golf courses.
Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to Ottery St Mary Town Council, The Old Convent, 8 Broad Street, Ottery St Mary EX11 1BZ.
Contact EDDC’s Section 106 officer on (01395) 571549 to talk about proposals or for more information.