Ottery �22k cash bonanza ‘last chance’ plea
RESIDENTS in the Ottery parish have their last chance to suggest how a �22,500 cash bonanza should be spent on sports provision in the community.
Voluntary and community groups have just a week left to submit ideas on where and how the money should be spent before a consultation deadline passes on Friday, October 8.
Ottery town council and East Devon District Council (EDDC) still hope to hear from interested parties in the town, West Hill, Tipton, and Wigatton.
The funds have been gathered from housing developments in the parish and can only be spent on sports causes.
“This is a great opportunity for community groups who desperately want sports facilities– and we want to hear from as many of them as possible,” said an EDDC spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“While the town council has had a small number of proposals, we are keen more groups have the opportunity to benefit.
“These need not be for projects that are imminent, but may be looking ahead to future sports provision in the area and could include a BMX track, skate park, sports pitches, cycleways, outdoor gym and recreation equipment.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
“Once installed, the facilities or equipment must be open and accessible to the whole community.”
Funding can’t be spent on indoor facilities, professional sports grounds and golf courses.
Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to Ottery St Mary Town Council, The Old Convent, 8 Broad Street, Ottery St Mary EX11 1BZ.
Contact EDDC’s Section 106 officer on (01395) 571549 to talk about proposals or for more information.