Ottery �22k cash bonanza ‘last chance’ plea
RESIDENTS in the Ottery parish have their last chance to suggest how a �22,500 cash bonanza should be spent on sports provision in the community.
Voluntary and community groups have just a week left to submit ideas on where and how the money should be spent before a consultation deadline passes on Friday, October 8.
Ottery town council and East Devon District Council (EDDC) still hope to hear from interested parties in the town, West Hill, Tipton, and Wigatton.
The funds have been gathered from housing developments in the parish and can only be spent on sports causes.
“This is a great opportunity for community groups who desperately want sports facilities– and we want to hear from as many of them as possible,” said an EDDC spokesperson.
“While the town council has had a small number of proposals, we are keen more groups have the opportunity to benefit.
“These need not be for projects that are imminent, but may be looking ahead to future sports provision in the area and could include a BMX track, skate park, sports pitches, cycleways, outdoor gym and recreation equipment.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
“Once installed, the facilities or equipment must be open and accessible to the whole community.”
Funding can’t be spent on indoor facilities, professional sports grounds and golf courses.
Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to Ottery St Mary Town Council, The Old Convent, 8 Broad Street, Ottery St Mary EX11 1BZ.
Contact EDDC’s Section 106 officer on (01395) 571549 to talk about proposals or for more information.