Ottery activist's 'chaos' pledge
A FATHERS rights activist from Ottery has vowed to cause massive public disruption by shutting down one of the country s major public infrastructures by the end of the month.
A FATHERS' rights activist from Ottery has vowed to cause "massive public disruption" by "shutting down" one of the country's "major public infrastructures" by the end of the month.
New Fathers For Justice campaigner and dad of two Richard West, 42, who has carried out a string of high-profile protests while clad in superhero garb, said he has issued the "ultimatum" to protest against the NHS and Home Secretary For Justice Jack Straw.
Mr West wants the NHS to disclose case notes regarding treatment given to one of his children and also claims a pledge to "open up" family court hearings to the media by Minister Straw is in fact a "smokescreen" that will see them "closed further" thanks to a related, "small print" contempt of court law.
In February, Mr West strapped himself to the top of a telephone mast near Exeter Racecourse while dressed as Mr Incredible to protest to South West Minister Ben Bradshaw.
You may also want to watch:
In 2007 he was fined by magistrates in Salisbuy after staging a protest on Stone Henge while dressed as Fred Flintstone.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon