Ottery activist's 'chaos' pledge
A FATHERS rights activist from Ottery has vowed to cause massive public disruption by shutting down one of the country s major public infrastructures by the end of the month.
A FATHERS' rights activist from Ottery has vowed to cause "massive public disruption" by "shutting down" one of the country's "major public infrastructures" by the end of the month.
New Fathers For Justice campaigner and dad of two Richard West, 42, who has carried out a string of high-profile protests while clad in superhero garb, said he has issued the "ultimatum" to protest against the NHS and Home Secretary For Justice Jack Straw.
Mr West wants the NHS to disclose case notes regarding treatment given to one of his children and also claims a pledge to "open up" family court hearings to the media by Minister Straw is in fact a "smokescreen" that will see them "closed further" thanks to a related, "small print" contempt of court law.
In February, Mr West strapped himself to the top of a telephone mast near Exeter Racecourse while dressed as Mr Incredible to protest to South West Minister Ben Bradshaw.
You may also want to watch:
In 2007 he was fined by magistrates in Salisbuy after staging a protest on Stone Henge while dressed as Fred Flintstone.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award