Crews 4am callout to tackle baler fire
- Credit: Archant
An accidental fire prompted an early morning call out for fire crews after a hay baler caught fire.
The fire service was called at 4.02am on Monday, July 15, after reports of a hay baler alight within an agricultural barn.
Fire engines from Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth and a water bowser from Danes Castle were sent to an address in Higher Metcombe.
Crews arrived to find a baler in a yard with smoke issues.
They extinguished it using a hose reel jet and small tools.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said: "There was 10 per cent damage by fire and the cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight