Ottery and West Hill Neighbourhood Plan heads to next stage
- Credit: Archant
Project leaders are hoping Ottery and West Hill’s Neighbourhood Plan will be in place by Christmas.
Jo Talbot, chairman of the working group, said the plan – a blueprint to influence future development in the parishes – will now undergo a six-week consultation with East Devon District Council.
Subject to district council approval, it will be sent to an independent examiner before the final step of a public referendum.
Mrs Talbot said: “I really hope with luck we might be able to get it through by Christmas.
“A lot of our plan is very positive; we have had all this development and what we are trying to do is protect and preserve our environment.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not saying we do not want any more planning but we want people to understand that we appreciated the beauty of where we live and we do not want to ruin that.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman