Ottery artist and former DJ stages summer exhibition
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery-based artist who once made a living as a ‘scratch DJ’ with a rock band has an exhibition of his printmaking, painting and drawing.
Richard Kaye, who has been living in Ottery St. Mary with his family for over 13 years, will be exhibiting at The Malthouse Gallery in Lyme Regis from August 17-29.
He moved back to the South West from London to bring up his two children.
Previously, he toured the world with rock band Ash as their scratch DJ and played main stage at Glastonbury and Top of the Pops.
Richard trained at Bournemouth College of Art.
You may also want to watch:
He takes inspiration from the landscape around him and has produced a series of prints including trees, telegraph poles, scaffolding, cranes and communication masts. He also produced a series of drawings of people who fall asleep on trains.
Outside his printmaking, Richard is a keen painter and has been producing a small series of abstract landscapes.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites