Ottery artist and former DJ stages summer exhibition
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery-based artist who once made a living as a ‘scratch DJ’ with a rock band has an exhibition of his printmaking, painting and drawing.
Richard Kaye, who has been living in Ottery St. Mary with his family for over 13 years, will be exhibiting at The Malthouse Gallery in Lyme Regis from August 17-29.
He moved back to the South West from London to bring up his two children.
Previously, he toured the world with rock band Ash as their scratch DJ and played main stage at Glastonbury and Top of the Pops.
Richard trained at Bournemouth College of Art.
You may also want to watch:
He takes inspiration from the landscape around him and has produced a series of prints including trees, telegraph poles, scaffolding, cranes and communication masts. He also produced a series of drawings of people who fall asleep on trains.
Outside his printmaking, Richard is a keen painter and has been producing a small series of abstract landscapes.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year