Ottery’s scouting community tidy up town with litter picks
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s scouting community have been out in force tidying up the town and surrounding area with a series of litter picks.
Groups of beavers, cubs and scouts have been hard at work cleaning up areas including beaches.
Youngsters from the Pathfinder beaver section worked together to pick up litter at the Land of Canaan as they work towards their My World Challenge award badge.
Leaders said the activity showed the children how to have a sense of pride towards their community, work together, and think about the impact litter can have on the environment, plants and animals.
One beaver said it was fun to work together to pick the litter up.
You may also want to watch:
Christine Strain, a beaver leader, said: “We are trying to inspire the young people to take responsibility and accountability for their choices and actions.”
The group thanked East Devon District Council for lending them litter pick grabbers for the evening.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways