Ottery boy raises hundreds of pounds for charity after grandad’s diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
A little boy, inspired to raise money for Cancer Research after his grandad’s diagnosis, has made more than £600 with a sponsored headshave.
Ten-year-old Jayden Rowland-Phillips, from Ottery, smashed not only his first target of £100 but his second of £500, raising a total of £607.
Jayden arranged to have his headshave on his 10th birthday on June 3 – the day his grandad was going in for his second round of chemotherapy.
Jayden’s mum Leanne Rowland said: “We are all beyond proud of him, a few tears were shed that day.
“It was good timing for him to do it as his grandad has literally just lost his hair.
You may also want to watch:
“Jayden is an inspiration to us all, he has done amazingly.”
Visit www.gofundme.com/f/jayden039s-head-shave to donate to Jayden’s cause.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
Keep up to date with the latest news and goings-on in your area by visiting the Sidmouth Herald Facebook page or www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.