Ottery boy raises hundreds of pounds for charity after grandad’s diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
A little boy, inspired to raise money for Cancer Research after his grandad’s diagnosis, has made more than £600 with a sponsored headshave.
Ten-year-old Jayden Rowland-Phillips, from Ottery, smashed not only his first target of £100 but his second of £500, raising a total of £607.
Jayden arranged to have his headshave on his 10th birthday on June 3 – the day his grandad was going in for his second round of chemotherapy.
Jayden’s mum Leanne Rowland said: “We are all beyond proud of him, a few tears were shed that day.
“It was good timing for him to do it as his grandad has literally just lost his hair.
You may also want to watch:
“Jayden is an inspiration to us all, he has done amazingly.”
Visit www.gofundme.com/f/jayden039s-head-shave to donate to Jayden’s cause.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
Keep up to date with the latest news and goings-on in your area by visiting the Sidmouth Herald Facebook page or www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.