Bus catches fire in Ottery

PUBLISHED: 14:24 12 March 2018 | UPDATED: 14:24 12 March 2018

Archant

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue say the fire was caused by an overheated engine.

A bus caught fire in Ottery St Mary this morning (Monday, March 12) after its engine overheated.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call at around 9.45am after reports of a bus on fire in Broad Street.

Appliances from Ottery and Honiton were originally called out and on arrival crews confirmed the engine compartment had overheated.

The crew from Ottery extinguished the fire with one hose reel jet and the Honiton appliance was not required and returned en-route.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “This was a small fire caused by an overheated engine - the cause of the fire was accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald