Bus catches fire in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue say the fire was caused by an overheated engine.
A bus caught fire in Ottery St Mary this morning (Monday, March 12) after its engine overheated.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call at around 9.45am after reports of a bus on fire in Broad Street.
Appliances from Ottery and Honiton were originally called out and on arrival crews confirmed the engine compartment had overheated.
The crew from Ottery extinguished the fire with one hose reel jet and the Honiton appliance was not required and returned en-route.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “This was a small fire caused by an overheated engine - the cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 The more we work together the better it will be
- 4 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary