Ottery butcher’s has best sausages in South West
- Credit: Archant
Innovative recipes cooked up just a month ago have landed a family run butcher’s the title of best sausages in the South West.
K&M Butchers came first with its pork cheeseburger inspired flavour and also took home runner up prize for its pork, mild curry and sultana mix at the Meat Management magazine’s annual awards.
The family found out ahead of an awards ceremony in London to mark UK sausage week.
The business has won many accolades since Kevin and Mary Tratt took on the butchers 16 years ago, but the couple says the win is the biggest so far.
Kevin said: “First and second in the whole of the South West, we are delighted.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had them the last month and been using customers as tasters and at Tickety Boo, as we supply them with their meat. This has been by far the biggest award for us.”
The business has three generations working behind the counter, with daughter Samantha, son-in-law Simon and grandson Cody joining Mary and Kevin in the shop.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon