Ottery butcher’s has best sausages in South West
- Credit: Archant
Innovative recipes cooked up just a month ago have landed a family run butcher’s the title of best sausages in the South West.
K&M Butchers came first with its pork cheeseburger inspired flavour and also took home runner up prize for its pork, mild curry and sultana mix at the Meat Management magazine’s annual awards.
The family found out ahead of an awards ceremony in London to mark UK sausage week.
The business has won many accolades since Kevin and Mary Tratt took on the butchers 16 years ago, but the couple says the win is the biggest so far.
Kevin said: “First and second in the whole of the South West, we are delighted.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had them the last month and been using customers as tasters and at Tickety Boo, as we supply them with their meat. This has been by far the biggest award for us.”
The business has three generations working behind the counter, with daughter Samantha, son-in-law Simon and grandson Cody joining Mary and Kevin in the shop.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections