Ottery butcher’s has best sausages in South West
- Credit: Archant
Innovative recipes cooked up just a month ago have landed a family run butcher’s the title of best sausages in the South West.
K&M Butchers came first with its pork cheeseburger inspired flavour and also took home runner up prize for its pork, mild curry and sultana mix at the Meat Management magazine’s annual awards.
The family found out ahead of an awards ceremony in London to mark UK sausage week.
The business has won many accolades since Kevin and Mary Tratt took on the butchers 16 years ago, but the couple says the win is the biggest so far.
Kevin said: “First and second in the whole of the South West, we are delighted.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had them the last month and been using customers as tasters and at Tickety Boo, as we supply them with their meat. This has been by far the biggest award for us.”
The business has three generations working behind the counter, with daughter Samantha, son-in-law Simon and grandson Cody joining Mary and Kevin in the shop.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project