Ottery cafe shortlisted for Devon Tourism Award finals
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery café has reached the final of the Devon Tourism Awards, just over a year after it opened.
Tickety-Boo will compete to be named café/tearoom of the year after being shortlisted from 205 entries.
The café and play kingdom has proved popular with residents and visitors since it opened last August.
Owner Stuart Phillips was inspired by his children who said they wanted something for families in the town.
Stuart said: “It was a real thrill to learn that we had made the shortlist. It all comes down to having a real passion for the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Dave, Zoe and the team work incredibly hard to provide great food and drink and really high levels of customer satisfaction. We’re pleased to fly the flag for East Devon and Ottery St Mary in these awards.”
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony in the Guildhall, Plymouth, on November 23.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary