Ottery care home gets clean bill of health
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery care home provider has proved it is in rude health after it met all five national standards in a recent inspection.
Bluebird Care, which covers East Devon from its office in office in the town, was one of 250 firms selected at random for review by the Care Quality Commission after the government announced a shake up of home care services last year.
But the Ottery firm, run by husband and wife team William and Sara Flint, managed to come through the unannounced six hour inspection with flying colours.
Mr Flint, a former manager of local NHS and Social Care services, said:
“We are very pleased with our report and proud that our customers don’t fall foul of the common shortcomings expressed in the report.
You may also want to watch:
“We have learned a lot from the experience, it is a very positive development that the public have access to an objective and expert review of our high quality care service.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites