Ottery food and drink stalls boost carnival and tar barrels committee
- Credit: Archant
Charitable vendors have donated more than £2,000 to support the town’s famous tar barrels event.
Food and drinks stalls at this year’s food and families festival rallied together after hearing the events committee were low on funds.
Among the contributors was Janice Voce, of Fancy That cuisine, who donated £685.
A committee spokesman said: “When she became aware of how low funds were, Janice asked how could she help.
“The result was a merger of a successful day’s trading at the festival during the daytime, with a deal struck with the carnival to donate all her profits to the carnival.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee was further boosted by profits from the drinks tent.
Richard Shaw, the newly appointed chairman of the committee, added: “How wonderful it is that Janice and people like her in this fantastic community do these things to help fund our annual event.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of