Ottery chefs up for national awards
- Credit: Archant
Not one, but two Ottery chefs are up for national awards.
King's Manor Care Home has revealed the news that its two head chefs have both been shortlisted as finalists in two separate awards.
Michelle Stroud, who took part in the Food and Families festival locally by demonstrating how they catered for different people's needs at the home, has been shortlisted as a finalist for the Care Home Chef award at the Great British Care Awards.
She plans to go forward to the next stage on October 14 in Bristol.
Cathryn McCollum, who is the second chef at the home, took part in the Maria Mallaband Care Group Chef of the Year competition and has been shortlisted after cooking a three-course meal fore regional judge, Ottery's mayor and members of Honiton Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
She is now preparing for the next round which will be judged by members of the Maria Malaband Care Group team and celebrity chef Paul Welburn.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead