Ottery commerce chief’s rallying cry
TOWNSFOLK and traders can join forces to make Ottery a better place and stop its high street’s slide, says the new chairman of its Chamber of Commerce.
Marc Perkins, pictured right, took over the reins of the organisation this summer.
“Ottery’s been, and still is, a great town, but, commercially it’s on the slide,” he said, “none of us want to see empty shop fronts, we all know that ‘making a buck’ is getting more difficult of late.”
Marc said he will strive to put energy into the Chamber’s bi-monthly meetings, and has asked townsfolk to get involved.
“Whether you have a business or not you’re very welcome,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Improving the town we live in is in all of our interests. At chamber meetings we can, and do get involved with all aspects of town life – come and have your say and then help us to act on it.”
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Another record for Kirsteen
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop