Ottery commerce chief’s rallying cry
TOWNSFOLK and traders can join forces to make Ottery a better place and stop its high street’s slide, says the new chairman of its Chamber of Commerce.
Marc Perkins, pictured right, took over the reins of the organisation this summer.
“Ottery’s been, and still is, a great town, but, commercially it’s on the slide,” he said, “none of us want to see empty shop fronts, we all know that ‘making a buck’ is getting more difficult of late.”
Marc said he will strive to put energy into the Chamber’s bi-monthly meetings, and has asked townsfolk to get involved.
“Whether you have a business or not you’re very welcome,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Improving the town we live in is in all of our interests. At chamber meetings we can, and do get involved with all aspects of town life – come and have your say and then help us to act on it.”
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season