Ottery community nurse nominated for 2013 Healthcare Hero Awards
- Credit: Archant
Send in your nomination.
Ottery St Mary community nurse Harriet Nicholls is the latest member of Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust to be nominated for the 2013 Healthcare Hero Awards.
She was nominated by Lizzie Wright, of Whimple, who praised Harriet for the support she gave to her and her husband.
Mrs Wright said: “Following my husband having major surgery I required a huge amount of help, back-up and support. I rang our doctor, who sent Harriet. God Bless Harriet. My husband, learning he had cancer, looked forward to her visit for a good chat and reassurance that what was happening to his body, and mind, were normal, and if they were not she would patiently explain what was happening to him.
“She also had time for me and took a general interest in us and our surroundings, especially with me working full-time, and noticed areas where she could help or suggest things I could do to make him more comfortable. She is an angel.”
You may also want to watch:
Harriet is based in Ottery St Mary.
Community nurse manager Jo Barkley said: “It is great that Harriet has been nominated. She is an extremely hardworking, caring member of the community nursing team.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
The Sidmouth Herald is running the Healthcare Hero Awards in conjunction with Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
The trust runs community hospitals across East Devon and employs about 4,500 across the county, who are all are eligible for nomination, including nurses, doctors, healthcare assistants, therapists and support staff such as cleaners, porters and administrators.
Send your nomination to Midweek Herald reporter Katy Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Midweek Herald, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UL.
The deadline for nominations is midnight on Tuesday, December 31.