Ottery Community Theatre prepare for pantomime
- Credit: Archant
It is panto time as Ottery Community Theatre prepares for its first night of The Princess and The Pea.
Written and directed by Jill Machin, audiences will be reacquainted with Prince Rupert, who was last seen not getting the girl in the group’s 2015 show Hansel and Gretel.
He will be joined by a bumbling dame, scheming villain, a beautiful damsel in distress and a rather unusual fairy.
But will it be a fairytale ending in the land of Happy Ever After or will the baddie triumph with his evil plot?
Director Jill Machin said: “We have got a lot of young people this time, some of them are taking on leading parts for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will run for four nights at The Institute from Wednesday, January 18, until Saturday 21.
Evening performances will begin at 7.30pm with an afternoon matinee on Saturday commencing at 2.30pm.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
Tickets cost £6.50 for adults and £4 for children and are available for the evening performances, with limited space for Saturday matinee.
Group discounts are available.
To purchase visit The Sewing Room in Prospect Place or by calling Jill on 01404 813741.